I have this (bad) habit of storing (more expensive) food during Chinese New Year. Stuff I usually buy once a while (if I have leftover marketing money). Maybe I get more marketing money during this period. hehehe. My hubby 'scolded' me, "Let you keep some pocket money, you do want. And buy so much food for what?" Hehehe .... I like to eat mah. Everyone can eat also mah. *bleh*
By the way, I had this idea from a Italian Food Stall/Kiosk at Bukit Panjang Plaza. It's no longer there. I really miss it! 3 huge scallops wrapped with thick bacon grilled to perfection for only $2. *drooling*
- Bacon, sliced into 2 width-wise (My scallop is small lah ^_-)
How to do it:
- Saute the bacon for about 1 minute.
- Take a scallop and use the bacon cooked earlier to wrap around the scallop.
- Pierce a toothpick thru the bacon and scallop to hold them together.
- Bring it to the pan you use to saute the bacon earlier.
- Cook each side of the bacon for about 5 mins each (longer for bigger scallop)
- Add a bit of oil if necessary.
- Remove and serve. Remember to remove the toothpick.
- No seasoning required as bacon is already salty.
- Make sure the bacon is of the same height or lower than the scallop when wrapping them. That is when you need to slice them into half.
- Wet you toothpick first before you use them. This is to prevent your toothpick for getting burned or catching fire because oil is involved.