I have been wanting to post this a long time ago. But my recipe posting time was taken up but the stuff I cook for my kids ^_- Finally .....
I will cook this when my hubby is away for business trip by request of my son! He loves it! That's because the curry mix I'm using doesn't even taste a slight bit spicy. ^_- A one dish meal is easier for me anyway.
- 1 chicken drumstick, deboned
- 2 potatoes, skinned and cubed
- 2 carrots, skinned and cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into smalled pieces
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Plain flour with water for batter
- Bread crumbs
- Japanese Instant Curry Cubes (I'm using HOUSE Vermont Curry Mild - with a touch of apple & honey)
- Water about a litre
- Oil for frying
- Marinade the chicken with soy sauce for at least 1/2 hour.
- Dip in batter than bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the chicken till golden brown.
- Saute the vegetables till slightly brown.
- Add water and boil.
- Break the curry cubes and add in to the vegetables.
- Continue cooking till the sauce thickens in low fire (about 1/2 hour)
- Place the chicken on the rice and pour the curry over and serve.
If you prefer a spicy version, you can get HOT mix rather than MILD one.