I wished I have the creativity of Japanese mommy in the way they cook. Quite some time back, a friend sent me an email with photographs of bento. My God! They looked delicious! Since I got a fussy eater at home, I tell myself I must try to make something like those. At least half as good lah. I started with Bear Rice with Furikake and Steam Vegetables and Chrysanthemum Squid. This is my 3rd attempt in making my kid's meal interesting.
- Yellow flat noodle
- Cai xin, chopped finely
- Prawns, shelled and deveined
- Fish cake, sliced
- Carrots, sliced
- Chicken broth (I always use home-made ones)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat wok with oil.
- Sauté garlic till fragrant.
- Add in prawns and cook till 70% cooked
- Add in fish cake, carrots and cai xin.
- Cook till prawns and fish cake are done.
- Dish and set aside.
- In the same wok, add in the noodle and broth.
- Simmer till the noodle is cooked and there isn’t much fluid left.
- Now add in the previously cooked ingredients and mix well.
- Add in salt to taste. (I don’t find it necessary as the noodle is slightly salty)
- Dish and serve.