This is a very common and simple soup. It’s the very first soup I make. Everyone has his or her version of the ABC soup. The ingredients defers slightly. This is my version.
How to do it:
- 4 to 5 pieces of pork ribs; blanched
- 1 medium sized potatoes; skinned and cut in big pieces
- 1 carrot; skinned and cut in big pieces
- 1 large onion; cut in quarters
- 1 celery; sliced
- 2 ear of corn; chopped into 8 pieces
- Salt to taste
- In a pot, bring water to boil.
- Add pork ribs and vegetables.
- When it starts to boil, lower the fire and let it simmer for 3 hours or longer.
- Add salt to taste.
You can use chicken too. Add tomatoes at the last ½ hour of simmering if you wish.