Baking again! I'm determine to try baking the usual stuff that I used to get from my friends (who were very into baking then). I'm always told that they are easy especially cupcakes, they said.
Cupcakes are very versatile. I have seen so many types of cupcakes. Cupcakes with fillings, fruits, frosting, etc. So I guess I need to try to make the basic cupcake first and from there I can add "salt and vinegar" (Chinese term on adding additional stuff).
Hmm ... yeah. I think I can handle cupcakes. My first attempt on cupcakes turned out rather well. My kids finished the whole lot of mini cupcakes!
- 120g Unsalted Butter, soften
- 130 grams White Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 210 grams All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 60ml Milk
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Lightly butter or line tray with pleated paper cups.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat well before adding the next egg.
- Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
- In a separate bowl shift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the butter and egg mixture in parts.
- Add in the milk.
- Beat till combined.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18-20 minutes or use the toothpick test.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.