Okay, I did this out of boredom. You may noticed my dishes are mostly Chinese and some Asian. I wanted to try something out of the usual stuff I cook for the family and yet the ingredients must be obtainable here in this ulu (rural) place I live, be acceptable to my family who are so into Chinese Food and most importantly - easy.
I noticed a lot of western dishes always look soooo too beautiful to be eaten and difficult to make as well. Well, not difficult for many but for this stay at home mum who only started cooking for not more than 3 years ago (and with no guidance), it is like asking my son to cook Pandan wrapped Chicken on his own.
Anyway, I came out with these, which were really Delifrance-inspired, easy to make too and it was a hit at home!
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon chopped Parsley (optional)
- 3 small to medium Prawns
How to do it:
- Remove shells from eggs and cut them into half.
- Carefully remove the yolks and set both yolks and whites aside separately.
- In a pot, add water, a pinch of salt and let it boil.
- Add in the prawns and remove when cooked.
- Let the prawns set in cold water.
- Shell the prawns, slice into half, pat dry and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix yolks, mayonnaise and parsley together till smooth.
- Spoon some egg yolk mayonnaise to fill the 'hole' in the egg white.
- Place half prawn on top.
- Spoon some more egg yolk mayonnaise on top of the prawn.
- I include prawn, preferably fresh, here to add chew in it.
- The size of the prawns used depends on the egg used.