I made these before through "experiments". These current ones are also through my cooking experiments. In fact, lots of my cooking were done through a few experiments before they are post, ie, presentable and edible. You are not worried are you? Hehehe~
I remembered quite some time back, while discussing about making this dish, my friend Fern suggested I add turmeric and some other spices to it. "Fern, what other spices did you suggest har? I only remember turmeric leh. Tell me if you are reading this, okay?"
Anyway, this is the results of my yet another cooking experiments. My husband said it taste better than the first one. I think so too. I guess this is another successful experiment!
How to do it:
- 3 chicken breast, debone and cut into bite size
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Turmeric aka Kunyit Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder (I use McCormick. Alternatively, you can grind garlic into paste)
- Pandan Leaves, washed and dried
- Oil for frying
- Marinate chicken with all the ingredients except pandan leaves and oil for frying, for at least 1/2 hours.
- Wrap chicken with a piece of pandan leaf; sorry no instructions here as there's no one to help be video or take pic here. Mine looks like a dumpling.
- Deep fry the pandan wrapped chicken till the leaves are slightly brown and the meat is cooked.
- Dish, drain and serve.
* Pandan wrapped Chicken before bathing in hot oil *