Bet you never guess where I got this recipe from! It's from my son's computer game! My son was playing with the game and he hit the print button and I got this! They have a few other recipes from a few countries too. Interest huh?
The suggestion from the computer game was to do this with our child but I find it too messy. Next time maybe!
- 2 Chicken Drumstick, deboned
- Spring Onions, (white part) cut to sections
- 4 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Soy Sauce
How to do it:
- Cut chicken to bite size pieces.
- Using a skewer, push 3 pieces of chicken and spring onions, alternating.
- Set aside.
- In a pot, mix all ingredients for Yakitori Sauce together.
- Boil until reduced to 2/3 of the original amount.
- Coat the chicken skewers with the sauce and broil them on a grill.
- Repeatedly coat the chicken skewers with sauce for 3 more times while cooking.
- Serve hot.
I did not use spring onions (can't find thick stalk ones). I used onions and bell pepper instead.
Ps. for those who are curious which computer game I'm talking about ... it's Jump Start - Language