AdSense

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Yakitori


Bet you never guess where I got this recipe from! It's from my son's computer game! My son was playing with the game and he hit the print button and I got this! They have a few other recipes from a few countries too. Interest huh?

The suggestion from the computer game was to do this with our child but I find it too messy. Next time maybe!

Ingredients:
  • 2 Chicken Drumstick, deboned
  • Spring Onions, (white part) cut to sections
Yakitori Sauce:
  • 4 tablespoon Sugar
  • 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
  • 2 tablespoon Oil
  • 1 clove Garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup Soy Sauce
How to do it:
  1. Cut chicken to bite size pieces.
  2. Using a skewer, push 3 pieces of chicken and spring onions, alternating.
  3. Set aside.
  4. In a pot, mix all ingredients for Yakitori Sauce together.
  5. Boil until reduced to 2/3 of the original amount.
  6. Coat the chicken skewers with the sauce and broil them on a grill.
  7. Repeatedly coat the chicken skewers with sauce for 3 more times while cooking.
  8. Serve hot.
Note:
I did not use spring onions (can't find thick stalk ones). I used onions and bell pepper instead.
Ps. for those who are curious which computer game I'm talking about ... it's Jump Start - Language

4 comments:

  1. I love that you got this recipe from a computer game! Looks delicous! A yakitori place just opened near my office and it smells so yummy! I had no idea it was so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised the yakitori sauce is so easy to make! Now I don't have to buy such a sauce, cannot finish, and need to throw it away cos it expired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What game is that? Interesting leh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homesick Texan,
    A yakitori place near your office?! Then you must be feeling hungry all the time.

    Simcooks,
    I used to buy ready made ones too and it's not cheap! I'm surprised it's so easy to make too.

    Tigerfish,
    It's Jump Start - Language. Teaches language and culture of a few countries and Japan was one of them. They have 2 recipes from each country for the adult to do with kids. The other recipe from Japan is Miso Soup. Interesting, right?

    ReplyDelete