I love prawns but I seldom buy prawns because of 3 main reasons. 1st, I prefer tiger prawns and I can hardly get those in our market here. 2nd, the prawns, whether or not they are tiger prawns, are not very fresh. Lastly, it's expensive to buy fresh/live tiger prawns. So dumb! Just excuses not to buy Grass Prawns. LOL
Anyway, I did find tiger prawns in the supermarket near our place. It's not kicking but it will do. I'm not steaming them anyway.
- 15 medium Prawns, devien
- 1 cup of peas, steamed
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- Oil for frying
- 4 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider or White Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Broth or Water
- Cornflour mixture (thickener)
How to do it:
- Mix all ingredients except peas together.
- Deep fry prawns till golden brown.
- Set aside.
- In a wok, pour ingredients for sauce.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add peas.
- Thicken the sauce with cornflour mixture till desire thickness.
- Add in prawns and coat well with sauce.
- Dish and serve.
Don't take my words so seriously, Grass Prawns works well too. I'm just being difficult. *wink*