AdSense

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Prawns with Tomato Sauce


I love prawns but I seldom buy prawns because of 3 main reasons. 1st, I prefer tiger prawns and I can hardly get those in our market here. 2nd, the prawns, whether or not they are tiger prawns, are not very fresh. Lastly, it's expensive to buy fresh/live tiger prawns. So dumb! Just excuses not to buy Grass Prawns. LOL

Anyway, I did find tiger prawns in the supermarket near our place. It's not kicking but it will do. I'm not steaming them anyway.

Ingredients:
  • 15 medium Prawns, devien
  • 1 cup of peas, steamed
  • a pinch of salt and pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
  • 1 tablespoon Cornflour
  • Oil for frying
Tomato Sauce:
  • 4 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 tablespoon Apple Cider or White Vinegar
  • 2 tablespoon Broth or Water
  • Cornflour mixture (thickener)
How to do it:
  1. Mix all ingredients except peas together.
  2. Deep fry prawns till golden brown.
  3. Set aside.
  4. In a wok, pour ingredients for sauce.
  5. Mix well and bring to a boil.
  6. Add peas.
  7. Thicken the sauce with cornflour mixture till desire thickness.
  8. Add in prawns and coat well with sauce.
  9. Dish and serve.
Note:
Don't take my words so seriously, Grass Prawns works well too. I'm just being difficult. *wink*

5 comments:

  1. yum yum.. it looks great.. make me feel hungry only...hahah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Life Zone,
    hehehe ... If can email, I will email some too you. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad prawns not in my house menu. I just got to eat one big plate on Mother's Day!. Yums

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also cooked this dish some time ago and what's so coincidental, I also used green peas! But I added some pineapple cubes and water chestnuts. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne,
    Poor mummy! Dont tell me prawns for you is a once a year thing huh!

    Tigerfish,
    Wow! Yours sound great! Can't wait for your post!!

    ReplyDelete