I couldn't resist buying the really fresh Basil I saw in the market and bought home a bunch. They were selling live prawns too so I bought 250g of them. I went back and dug my fridge for other ingredients to make this salad. I find it's quite nice.
I asked my guinea pig husband to try it and he went silent. It turned out he was just silently enjoying it. *snigger*
1 serving only
- 2 - 3 Lettuce Leaves, shredded
- 1/2 Green Mango, shredded
- 1 sprig Coriander aka Cilantro, chopped in sections
- 25 Basil Leaves
- 2 shallot, sliced thinly
- 6 Prawns
- 1/2 cup chopped Peanuts and Sesame Seed
- Juice of 4 Limes
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fine Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
How to do it:
- Mix ingredients for dressing till sugar melts and set aside.
- Blanch prawns till 90% cooked but 100% cooked if not using live prawns.
- Shell the prawns and sliced it into half.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, put in the lettuce, basil, coriander, shallot, mango and prawns.
- Pour in the dressing and scatter peanuts and sesame seeds over.
- Serve immediately.
- Add 2 cut chili padi to have a spicy taste.
- If you prefer the dressing to be more sour, reduce sugar or add in more lime juice.
- Nice to have this salad a bit chilled.
- Pour in the dressing only just before serving.