AdSense

Friday, May 11, 2007

Liver with Ginger and Spring Onions 姜葱猪肝

This is yet another yummy dish my confinement lady cooked for me during confinement.

Simcooks wanted more confinement dishes. So here's another one for her and my many blogging mommy friends who are pregnant. Looks like they all want to have a piglet!

This is one dish that the tip on shredded ginger comes in handy.

Ingredients:
  • 400g Pig Liver, sliced
  • 3 sprigs Spring Onions, cut in sections
  • 5-8 slice Ginger, shredded
  • 1 handful Wolfberries
Marinade:
  • 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon Saseme Seed Oil
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine (Like Hua Tiao)
How to do it:
  1. Marinade the liver with marinade and set aside for 30 minutes.
  2. Soak wolfberries with warm water for 10 minutes or till soften.
  3. Drain and set aside.
  4. Heat wok with a some sesame seed oil.
  5. Saute the ginger and spring onions till fragrant.
  6. Add in wolfberries and saute for 10 seconds.
  7. Add in the liver and saute till 90% cooked or well done.
  8. Dish and serve.
Note:
  • You can use brandy or dome instead of Chinese cooking wine if you are having it for confinement.
  • Top it with some Fried Ginger Shreds for that extra crunch and flavour.

15 comments:

  1. You so rarely see recipes for liver--this one looks like a real winner. I love the addition of the ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want GOLDEN piglets *LOL*. BTW, you got typo error in my URL. It's SimCooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homesick Texan,
    Thank you! Not many people like liver though.

    Simcooks,
    Yeah, so do many of my friends. They said Golden piglets are in now, better than dragons. LOL.

    Opps, I have corrected it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah...long time I never have this dish liow! Back in Sg, used to eat with lotsa ginger, then sometimes top the liver+ginger stir fry over a fried egg-sunnyside up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tigerfish,
    Is it easy to get liver in US? I used to eat liver until scare bcos my mother kept making it. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is also another my favourite dish. But not many people like liver,so normally i will eat this alone all by myself..hahaha..:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie,
    Lucky for me, my hubby eat it too. I can never finish it if I eat it alone. :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah wolfberries somemore!!! now that's new :), must try

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jazzmint,
    Try this! The wolfberries add some sweetness to the liver. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like a really nice recipe. I'm a huge liver fan, and am keen to try it. The only thing I would say is that medical advice is against women eating liver during pregnancy. The high concentration of a certain A-vitamin can, potentially, harm the fetus. Thanks for all the recipes, and keep up the good wok.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daniel,
    Hope you like this then. Oh yes! I knew about that. Maximum liver intake is 1 tablespoon a day only. What I mentioned was to have this as a confinement dish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry. For some reason I completely skipped that! Perhaps I was over-excited about food. It's been known to happen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daniel,
    haha ... no worries. It's good that commented too. If visitors reading this post will be aware about it too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is Saseme Seed Oil the same as 麻油?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete