I happened to see Snapper Fillet in the supermarket and bought a few slices back. It will be a nice change to have western food from the usual Chinese food we have.
Did I say we are having fish and chips for dinner? But where are the chips, you may ask. Well, they smiling at you. Can you see them?
- 2 pieces Snapper Fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- a few dash of coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- Oil for frying
- 1 Lemon Wedge
- Some Tartar Sauce, Tomato or Chili Sauce
- Some French Fries
How to do it:
- Mix all ingredients except breadcrumbs and oil.
- Coat the fillets with breadcrumbs
- Deep fried till golden brown.
- Drain and serve with the additional ingredients.
- For an extra crunchy fillet, you can use replace the egg and cornflour with the batter for tempura then coat with breadcrumbs.
- I added in a Apple and Alfalfa Salad. It's slightly less than half an apple, skinned and cubed. Mixed with 1/2 tablespoon of 1,000 Island Dressing, and lay them on some Alfalfa.
- This sure goes well with a bowl of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
* Apple with Alfalfa Salad *