AdSense

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Diced Chicken with Shimeiji Mushroom


Quite sometime back, I saw a picture of this dish (Well, not exactly the same. The original was much nicer!) while flipping through a magazine in a book shop. I do not know how that was done, so I came up with my own version. Hey! It's not too bad!

Ingredients:
  • 2 Chicken Drumstick, deboned and diced in bite size cubes
  • 1 Bell Pepper (Green would be better for colour), shredded
  • A bunch of Shimeiji Mushroom, ends removed
  • 5 - 6 Cherry Tomato
  • 2 tablespoon Oil for pan frying
  • 2 pinch of Salt
Marinade:
  • 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
How to do it:
  1. Marinade chicken for 30 minutes.
  2. Heat pan with oil.
  3. Add in Shimeiji Mushroom, Bell Pepper and Chicken.
  4. Do not mix them together. Saute the vegetables on one side and the Chicken on the other side.
  5. When the vegetables are cooked removed and set aside.
  6. Continue the Chicken till they are golden brown and cooked.
  7. Drain away excess oil from the pan.
  8. Now add in tomatoes and return vegetables to the pan.
  9. Saute for half a minute.
  10. Add in 2 pinch of salt.
  11. Mix well.
  12. Dish and serve.
Note:
  • I cooked the Mushroom and Bell Pepper with the Chicken so the Mushroom can absorb the flavour of Bell Pepper and Chicken. The Chicken too will get the flavour of the Bell Pepper
  • I used yellow bell pepper because that was what I found in my fridge. Use Green Bell Pepper for colour.
  • For a healthier choice, remove chicken skin.

6 comments:

  1. Looks good. The end result must be very sweet becos of the bell peppers and mushrooms ya? Qn: Shimeiji Mushroom isit a fatter version of Enoki mushroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your recipes, easy to cook. :) I have all the ingredients in my fridge so I will be trying it out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shimeiji mushrooms. I just had these mushrooms today. :D
    Funny...last time in Sg, I never had any shimeiji mushrooms in any family home-cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simcooks,
    Yes, you are right! And also the aroma of sesame seed oil!

    Shimeiji does look like the fatter version of Enoki. A lot fatter! hehehe

    LZmommy,
    Thank you! Hope you like this recipe as well!

    Tigerfish,
    I love mushrooms ... except Straw Mushroom. :p Next time you return, you cook lah! Sure wont miss leh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy. Will try this too. Thks

    ReplyDelete