AdSense

Friday, May 11, 2007

Black Chicken with Black Bean Soup 乌鸡黑豆汤


My confinement lady made this soup for me during my confinement. She is a really nice lady from Malaysia. She called me recently when she was in Singapore and made me crave for the confinement food she cooked for me. Since we have all been sick recently. I thought it's a good idea to make this soup - very nourishing!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Black Chicken, cut into half
  • 100g Black Beans, roasted for a minute on pan without oil
  • 10 - 15 Red Dates, pitted
  • 2 Slice of Ginger (optional)
  • 2 Whole Chicken bones (optional)
  • Salt to taste
How to do it:
  1. Blanch chicken and chicken bones.
  2. Boil a pot of water.
  3. Add all ingredients except salt and boil.
  4. Lower heat and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
  5. Add salt to taste.
Note:
  • I did not add ginger here because my kids didn't like it. But ginger is great to get rid of wind in the body.
  • The extra chicken bones makes the soup extra sweet. Since I'm brewing the soup for 3 - 4 hours I didn't use broth but bones instead.
  • For a healthier choice, remove chicken skin.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh... this is nice... I can eat this for my upcoming confinement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you due soon?!!
    Oh, I love this soup! Even my kids like it too!
    Hope you have a smooth delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi wokking mum,

    Good to see you back in "action".

    I was still thinking of what soup to cook for tmor, this is my answer.

    Thank you so much... : )

    Have a Great Mother's Day Weekends.

    cheers,
    astee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Astee,
    Oh yes! It seems soo long :p Hope you like this soup!

    Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete