My confinement lady made this soup for me during my confinement. She is a really nice lady from Malaysia. She called me recently when she was in Singapore and made me crave for the confinement food she cooked for me. Since we have all been sick recently. I thought it's a good idea to make this soup - very nourishing!
- 1 Black Chicken, cut into half
- 100g Black Beans, roasted for a minute on pan without oil
- 10 - 15 Red Dates, pitted
- 2 Slice of Ginger (optional)
- 2 Whole Chicken bones (optional)
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blanch chicken and chicken bones.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Add all ingredients except salt and boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add salt to taste.
- I did not add ginger here because my kids didn't like it. But ginger is great to get rid of wind in the body.
- The extra chicken bones makes the soup extra sweet. Since I'm brewing the soup for 3 - 4 hours I didn't use broth but bones instead.
- For a healthier choice, remove chicken skin.