AdSense

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Grilled Squid in Miso Sauce
味噌酱烤鱿鱼


This is one of my cooking trials that end up being my favourite. ^^

I'm not sure if anyone would like this (because my husband always say I have 'funny' taste in food) but I rather share food that I like than food that I don't. I'm sure I will find people with the same taste as I do to like this. :P

Don't worry, I won't start sharing all kinds of weird tasting food that I like here. I will reserve that for torturing my family. :P



Ingredients:
  • 3 Squid, innards and 'skin' remove
  • 1 tablespoon Miso Paste
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon Mirin
  • 1 tablespoon Sake or Cooking Wine
  • a pinch of Sugar
  • 1 Calamansi (optional)

How to do it:
  1. Slice open the squid so it will be flat.
  2. Score  on the on inside of the squid. Do not cut thru.
  3. If using head, remove the eyes.
  4. Pat squid dry and thread squid with skewers on both sides.
  5. Mix miso paste, mirin, sake and sugar well.
  6. Spread the miso sauce sparingly on the side with cuts.
  7. Grill squid in preheat oven at 250C for 12 mins
  8. Bast squid with miso sauce sparingly once to twice in between grilling.
  9. Grill the head and side fins separately.
  10. Once done, remove skewers and cut squid into pieces.
  11. Served with a squeeze of calamansi if you like a little tang .

Note:
  • The more sauce you bast the squid with, the more salty it will be. So use sparingly.
  • Treading the squid with skewer is a must otherwise they will curl up during cooking which will makes grilling very difficult.
  • When you tread the squid with skewers, they will form the letter 'V' with 1 end of the skewer meeting. You may want to wrap the meeting ends of the skewers with foil so it will be easier to hold (with gloves) to remove the squid.
  • If you want to have a grossy look like the first pic here, spray or spread a little oil toward the end of the grilling and let it grill a while before removing.


No comments:

Post a Comment