AdSense

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mango Pudding with Mango Ice Cream
芒果布丁


Mango Season is here again. I bought 5 mangoes for under $5 which makes it less than a dollar each. The last time when it was in season, I made homemade mango ice-cream.

This time, I using it to make the very popular, Mango Pudding. I'm serving it will a cheat mango ice-cream done using vanilla ice-cream, with the texture like milky shaved ice.

You probably have your own recipe but if you don't, you might want to try mine out.


Ingredients:
  • 2 Mangoes, 1 1/2 puree and 1/2 cut into cubes
  • 100ml Mango Juice (I'm using Peel Fresh)
  • 100ml Whipping Cream
  • 10g Gelatin Powder
  • 50ml Water

How to do it:
  1. Sprinkle gelatin powder on the water and set aside.
  2. Warm mango juice but do not simmer or boil.
  3. Pour it over the gelatin mixture and mix.
  4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
  5. Pour into cups and chill to set.
  6. Best served chilled with condensed milk or a scoop of ice-cream.

Note:
  • I did not add any sugar as the mango I used was sweet and I added mango juice to it as well. In addition to that, I served it with a scoop of ice-cream.
  • If you prefer it a little sweeter, melt some sugar with the mango juice in step 2.
  • You can replace the mango juice with water.
  • However, you will have to add sugar for sweetness.
  • Melt about 50g sugar or to taste when warming the water before adding to the the gelatin mixture.

For cheat ice-cream:
  1. Mix 500ml vanilla ice-cream (I'm using Nestle) with half of a mango chopped into bits.
  2. Add in 3-4 tablespoon of mango puree if you like too.
  3. Do not stir the mixture vigorously. Use a fork to gently stir a little to make it airy.
  4. Return to the freezer and repeat every half an hour till the ice-cream is frozen again.
  5. The end results of the ice-cream will look rough and messy. Almost like granules sticking together.
  6. To scoop, you can loosen it with a fork or bring the ice-cream out of the freezer for a minute before scooping.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my - that looks absolutely delicious! I have a few mangos ripening right now and can't wait to try making mango pudding with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ice cream with mango idea! reminds me of honeymoon dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be a waste if I don't try it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete