This got to be one my of favourite dish. I can eat this alone and once you start, you can't stop till they are all gone. :P
I usually cook it using my wok pan. However, this recipe here that I'm sharing is done using the Happy Call Pan.
It's harder to cook this way as you can't stir-fry it to get a good mix. I shake the pan instead, trying to get the clams to be coated well with the sauce. Definitely not as convenient compared to using the wok but it works.
- 600g Clams, cleaned
- 3 Shallot, chopped
- 4 clove Garlic, chopped
- 2 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Miso
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Wine
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Cornstarch mixture (thickener)
How to do it:
- Soak clams in salted water for 20 mins to let it spit out the dirt.
- Drain and set aside.
- Mix miso, sugar and wine together and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Stir fry shallot, garlic and chilli till fragrant.
- Add in clams.
- Cover pan for 1/2 minute; shake pan.
- Open pan and add in the miso mixture; shake pan to mix well.
- Cover and continue cooking till all the clams are opened.
- Discard those that did not open.
- Gradually stir in cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce.