I was hungry one night and decided to make myself a bowl of Cream of Chicken with the homemade Chicken Broth I made earlier that day.
It occurred to me that I had never shared my Cream of Chicken recipe. This recipe here uses flour to make it creamy and thick, which is very similar to an old recipe I shared on Cream of Mushroom.
So here's my recipe for Cream of Chicken ...
- 350ml Chicken Broth, homemade or instant
- 40g Butter
- 30g Plain Flour
- Salt to taste
- Some pre-cooked Chicken Fillet, chopped or shredded (optional)
How to do it:
- Melt butter in a pot and at the same time add flour gradually.
- Mix well to form a roux (cooking till dough-like).
- Add chicken broth gradually while stirring.
- Keep stirring till roux has blend in well with the broth and that it become creamy.
- Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with chopped or shredded chicken.