AdSense

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cream of Chicken
奶油鸡汤


I was hungry one night and decided to make myself a bowl of Cream of Chicken with the homemade Chicken Broth I made earlier that day.

It occurred to me that I had never shared my Cream of Chicken recipe. This recipe here uses flour to make it creamy and thick, which is very similar to an old recipe I shared on Cream of Mushroom.

So here's my recipe for Cream of Chicken ...

Ingredients:
  • 350ml Chicken Broth, homemade or instant
  • 40g Butter
  • 30g Plain Flour
  • Salt to taste
  • Some pre-cooked Chicken Fillet, chopped or shredded (optional)

How to do it:
  1. Melt butter in a pot and at the same time add flour gradually.
  2. Mix well to form a roux (cooking till dough-like).
  3. Add chicken broth gradually while stirring.
  4. Keep stirring till roux has blend in well with the broth and that it become creamy.
  5. Bring to a gentle simmer.
  6. Add salt to taste.
  7. Serve with chopped or shredded chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment