AdSense

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Spicy Mayonnaise Prawns
虾球伴辣蛋黄酱



You know I love seafood. But seafood only taste good if they are fresh. It's impossible to get live fish here where I stay so I try my best to get fresh ones but for prawns, I always get live prawns. They taste the best.

The other day, the supermarket near my place was having a promotion for live tiger prawns, yah, they were still swimming in the tub when I bought they. These poor prawns were 'tortured' before they were eaten. My kids will 'playing' with them and they had so much fun. Poor prawns! I almost didn't want to eat them.

Anyway, since this is such a hot favourite among my friends who viewed my food gallery, I'm jumping queue to post this recipe first. Hope it's worth the wait gals and do try this during the weekends. *wink*


Ingredients:
  • 10 (or more) Medium Prawns, shells removed, back slit and devien.
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 tablespoon Cornflour
  • A pinch of salt
  • Oil for frying
Sauce:
  • 1 tablespoon Chilli Sauce
  • 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise (I use Japanese Mayo)
  • 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
How to do it:
  1. Mix prawns, egg, salt and cornflour together.
  2. Combine ingredients for sauce and set aside.
  3. Deep fry prawns till lightly golden brown.
  4. Remove and drain.
  5. In a wok, add 1/2 tablespoon oil, add the combined sauce and prawns
  6. Stir fry fast (toss) in low heat till the prawns are coated with sauce.
  7. Dish and serve hot.

Note:
  • I used two egg yolks instead of a whole egg to achieve a more yellow look for the prawns. Using whole egg is fine.
  • Add more chilli sauce if you prefer it to be more spicy or you can add tomato sauce instead if kids are having it. Personally, adding chilli sauce taste better compared to tomato sauce.

10 comments:

  1. wah must use swimming prawns ah for this recipe! hahahah sure yummy lor so fresh

    anyway all ur recipes & photo look soooooo yummy!

    tag u

    http://scribblesformyangels.blogspot.com/2007/07/love-link-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy of 2 angels,
    Haha ... we are quite fussy with prawns. If they are not fresh, they dont taste good.

    Thanks!

    I'll try to do it when I find time. Thanks for tagging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    just wanna tell you that I tried this recipe last night. It was very delicious. Thank you for sharing.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl,
    Thanks for trying and liking this recipe. We like it alot too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!

    I was looking for a prawn recipe when I stumbled onto your page! I made the prawns according to your recipe and it was soooo good! Except, I had the stove a tad bit high and my sauce started to melt over the prawns. But nevertheless, it was sooo gooood!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous,
    Glad you like this. It's one of my all time favourite.

    Oh yes, if it's too hot, the mayo will melt and turn oil like. Hope you will try it again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!

    Sorry I forgot to leave my name when I left you a message! This is my 2nd time making this...and this time....it came out perfect! YAY! Last time, I had it slightly high and the sauce started to melt over the prawns! This time...WAHAHAHA....I took the wok off the heat when I tossed the prawns in the sauce! PERFECTION! Thanks again for sharing one of your faves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shi,
    What a smart move! Glad your dish came out perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, can i check with you which kind of chilli sauce u have used?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon, For this dish, I used Maggi Chilli Sauce.

    ReplyDelete