You know I love seafood. But seafood only taste good if they are fresh. It's impossible to get live fish here where I stay so I try my best to get fresh ones but for prawns, I always get live prawns. They taste the best.
The other day, the supermarket near my place was having a promotion for live tiger prawns, yah, they were still swimming in the tub when I bought they. These poor prawns were 'tortured' before they were eaten. My kids will 'playing' with them and they had so much fun. Poor prawns! I almost didn't want to eat them.
Anyway, since this is such a hot favourite among my friends who viewed my food gallery, I'm jumping queue to post this recipe first. Hope it's worth the wait gals and do try this during the weekends. *wink*
- 10 (or more) Medium Prawns, shells removed, back slit and devien.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon Cornflour
- A pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
How to do it:
- 1 tablespoon Chilli Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise (I use Japanese Mayo)
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Mix prawns, egg, salt and cornflour together.
- Combine ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Deep fry prawns till lightly golden brown.
- Remove and drain.
- In a wok, add 1/2 tablespoon oil, add the combined sauce and prawns
- Stir fry fast (toss) in low heat till the prawns are coated with sauce.
- Dish and serve hot.
- I used two egg yolks instead of a whole egg to achieve a more yellow look for the prawns. Using whole egg is fine.
- Add more chilli sauce if you prefer it to be more spicy or you can add tomato sauce instead if kids are having it. Personally, adding chilli sauce taste better compared to tomato sauce.