I have experiment mixing my own Japanese Vinaigrette and has been using this dressing for my Spring Onion Salad for a long time. Yap, Spring Onions! Don't ask me how I had this idea. It just happened! Mainly because I love spring onions and I always get a big bunch free when I go to the market. Since I usually use them for garnishing only, it's a waste to see them get spoilt. The fastest way to finish them is to have them as Salad.
Anyway, my current craze for Salad is using Cabbage. If you have been to Sakae Sushi, they have this. They named it Vegetarian Wafu® Salad. Vegetarian because there is no Crabstick in it. Wafu® salad usually comes with crabstick. All veggies only and it is served with Wafu® Dressing, hence, Vegetarian Wafu® Salad. Oh, they are charging SS$5.90 per serving. It's so much cheaper to make my own!
What is in the Salad Bowl ...
- Shredded Japaneses Cabbage
- Tomato Slices
- Japanese Cucumber Slices
- Avocado Slices
- 3 tablespoon Salad or Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar or Apple Cider
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grated Radish, to be added before serving
- Adjust the flavour accordingly to your taste. If you prefer less sour then add less vinegar.
- You can make more dressing and keep it in the fridge.
- Optional ingredients here are the sesame seeds and grated radish.
* Spring Onion Salad *
It has Shredded Lettuce, Cherry Tomato, Shredded Spring Onion and Fried Onion.
I have been asked to remove the word, Wafu® from my post. I've removed it from my Title as well as not calling it THE dressing. The rest I wouldn't be able to change as that's what the vendors called it. I'm just quoting what they state. Hope this is reasonable.