I bought a few squid aka sotong because my son requested for it. I saved one for him and use the rest for this dish. Really simple to make.
By the way, why do people say "blur like sotong"? Are sotong really blur? Maybe it's the way they swim? Hahaha ... So after eating sotong, don't be blur just like it huh.
- 2 Squid, skin (the thin purple one), and internals removed
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/2 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt, preferably coarse salt
How to do it:
- Slash the squid.
- Marinate with wine, rub salt and pepper on it.
- Set aside with the squid still with the above marinade for 1/2 hour.
- Pierce squid with 2 skewers to prevent it from curling while grilling.
- Grill squid for 7 - 10 minutes on both sides till cooked.
- For extra flavours, add some fried/toasted basil leaves to be eaten with the squid.