AdSense

Monday, July 23, 2007

Fruit Basket

The other day we when to the supermarket, my son picked Kiwi and Strawberries for his after meal's fruits. I told him they may be a bit sour and ask if he like to changed to other fruits instead. He didn't want to. Why? Because he said he like the colours - colours of the traffic lights. Haha ...

I had a Grapefruit at home, so I did this Fruit Basket for him as a after meal treat.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Grapefruit, half and pulp removed, juiced it and set the skin and juice aside
  • 1 Kiwi, skin and diced
  • 1 Golden Kiwi, skin and diced
  • 3 Strawberries, diced
  • Agar Agar (Jelly), made with apple juice, cubed (optional)
  • Syrup to taste (done by melting sugar with water)
How to do it:
  1. Mix, kiwi and strawberry in a bowl.
  2. Add in grapefruit juice.
  3. Sweeten with syrup.
  4. Add in agar agar or jelly.
  5. Mix well and chill.
  6. To serve, scoop some of the mixture into the Grapefruit skin.
Note:
You can use any other fruits and juices of your choice too!


2 comments:

  1. I just made a mini fruit cup too!
    How you "carve" your grapefruit har? Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigerfish,
    Normally, I use a small sharp knife to press thru the fruit forming zig-zags and it can be life off easier.

    But I cheated for this one. :P
    I cut 2 quarters of the fruit, leaving 1cm for the handle. Scrape out the fruit with a spoon then use a scissor to cut the edges of the skin. hehe ...

    ReplyDelete