AdSense

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cranberry Beans with Pork Ribs Soup 珍珠豆排骨汤


The other day I was chatting with my friend, June, about food and she showed me a link on beans. I didn't know there are so many different types of beans. So interesting. I saw one of the listed beans as the one I often see in the market. The next day, I went to bought some to make soup. I tasted really nice. A bit powdery but it taste very close to lotus roots soup. Yummy!

Oh, keep these beans out of reach of young children. My daughter thought they were white chocolate candies and want to eat them!

Ingredients:
  • 250g Pork Ribs, blanched
  • 4 cups Cranberry Beans aka 珍珠豆
  • 1 litre Water
  • Salt to taste
How to do it:
  1. Put all ingredients except salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
  2. Reduce heat and simmer for another hour.
  3. Add salt to taste.
Simple as that!

* Cranberry Beans aka 珍珠豆*

4 comments:

  1. Seen this so many times but didn'tknow it's got such a nice 'angmoh' name. Thought it's what Malays eat only. Tks will give it a try. Must buy much for a pot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne,
    The uncle call it 珍珠豆 very chinese. haha... the English name is very 'angmoh' hor.

    I bought about 30 pods. They have packed beans without the pods liao. You can get those if you want. You know which stall to get this right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always know it as 珍珠豆, never know it is also known as cranberry bean. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idy,
    I also knew recently. Very interesting English name huh?

    ReplyDelete