AdSense

Monday, July 30, 2007

Colourful Tamagoyaki




I did this as part of a dish for my kids. You know how I always try to mask veggie to try to get them eating it. Well, this dish has always worked. They know they are eating the veggie but without the taste of it and best of all, the veggie is never over cooked this way.

If you don't like the hassle of doing it the Japanese way, you can always do it the normal scramble eggs way. Oh, the Japanese do this using a rectangle pan. If you don't own one, you can still do it with a regular round frying pan to achieve that rectangle shape.




Ingredients:
  • 2 Eggs, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon Chopped Spinach or any other vegetables
  • 3 Crabsticks, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
  • A few drops of oil

How to do it:

  1. Heat the frying pan.
  2. Oil the pan with a few drops of oil. Use kitchen paper towel if you added to much.
  3. Mix all ingredients together.
  4. Pour 1/3 of the mixture to the pan and spread it well to have it cover the pan.
  5. When the base of the egg mixture has set, flip over about 2 cm of the edge and 'roll' it, till the egg comes rectangle in shape.
  6. Move the egg to one side of the pan, pour another 1/3 of the mixture into the pan again.
  7. Spread the egg mixture.
  8. Lift the earlier cooked egg a little and let in sit on the mixture.
  9. When the mixture is set, again flip the egg over so that the earlier cooked egg is now rolled inside.
  10. Repeat for the remaining 1/3 of the egg mixture.
  11. Continue to pan fry the egg roll on all four sides till they are slightly browned.
  12. Remove, cut into smaller pieces and serve.


11 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of this -- I have a hard time eating enough vegetables too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to try this for my son... my son stop drink milk (coming 20th mths only).. a bit headache for me to prepare food for him :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,
    Haha ... then you should mask lots of veg to go with the the egg. ;)

    My Life Zone,
    20 mths old only. Wow! You are going to have a tough job. Maybe he will start drinking milk again soon. Meanwhile, just cook more nutritious food for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really cool, i should try it

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it, i am not even a kid but i love it, good for picnik menu

    ReplyDelete
  6. hopefully he drink back milk.. but been more than 3 mths liao, he saw milk bottle, run far far away... *sob sob* scratching my head on his food :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitchen Fantasy,
    Thanks.

    My life zone,
    Have you try using a training cup or cup with straw? May work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes i finnaly got blogger, but i still trying to figure it out how to creat this, hehehe, i am a slow learner so much to do so lil time, maybe when i have some recipe i will be a lil relieve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, WokkingMum,

    I just wanted to let you know I've tried your recipe many times since I found it. I even took the liberty to adapt it a bit. Hope you don't mind. Thank yo so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agdah,
    Sure! I have check yours out and though I dont understand your language, your food looks great!

    ReplyDelete