I love seafood. I used to cook Chilli Crab a lot but I have stop cooking crabs a long time now. Black Pepper Crab is one of my favourites too. Since I don't buy crabs anymore, I have find other replacements for crabs.
In this case, I'm using Crayfish. It taste almost as good as crabs! Take a look at the photo below. One whole piece of meat right into your mouth! How do you like that?! Hope you are not salivating now! hehehe ...
- 3 Crayfish, scrub to clean and chopped in half
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 2 Red Chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon Black Pepper, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Minced Onion
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 5 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- Cornflour for dusting
- Oil for frying
How to do it:
- Dry-fry black pepper till fragrant.
- Remove and set aside.
- Pat dry the crayfish and dust with flour
- Deep fry till golden brown
- Heat wok, add the butter.
- When the butter has melted and begins to sizzles, add the garlic, onions and chilli and stir fry fragrant.
- Add the oyster sauce, light soya sauce, sugar, pepper and cooking wine.
- Mix well.
- Add in the water.
- Add the crayfish and stir fry on high heat till the sauce has dry.
- Dish and serve.
- If you can't take it too spicy, leave out the red chilli or add more if you want it more spicy.
- Replace light soy sauce with 2 teaspoon of dark soy sauce instead for colour, if you like.
- You can add some curry leaves when you are frying garlic and onion to add fragrance.
- Remove when the leaves turn dark green and are crispy. Add them only at the end for garnishing.