AdSense

Friday, June 15, 2007

Sliced Pork with Plum Sauce
烫肉片粘梅子酱

Everytime we went shopping, I always request to go to the supermarket and before we went home. I love supermarket shopping!!. I bought a tray of thinly sliced pork and a bunch of Frisee (among many other stuff) during my last trip. I'm using both items here and this dish taste great even when it's cooled. Just nice for my husband who is always back home late past dinner time. Most importantly, it's really easy to make!

Ingredients:

  • 9 pieces Pork, thinly sliced
  • 3 leaves of Frisee, cut into 3 each
  • 5 Pickled Plums, pitted and finely chopped
  • 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
  • 1/2 tablespoon Cornflour
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 3 slice Ginger
  • 200ml Water
  • 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce (optional)
How to do it:

  1. Mix pork with light soy sauce and cornflour.
  2. Bring water to boil.
  3. Add salt and wine.
  4. Cook the pork in the above quickly (as if cooking in steamboat).
  5. Stand pork in a pot of previously boil cool water.
  6. Drain and set aside.
  7. Take 2 tablespoon of the liquid from the pot used to cook the pork.
  8. Mix with sugar and plum.
  9. Serve pork with Frisee and plum sauce.
Note:
Add more sugar if you find your plum sauce too sour. Adjust according to your taste.


2 comments:

  1. Your "the Food Gallery" link is incorrect. Please check...

    By the way, I've ham kared all your three blogs already. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. tiuniasing,
    You ham kared linked all my blogs?! Wow! Thanks!

    Thanks for pointing out! I've changed it! ;)

    ReplyDelete