My Malaysian friends call Ngoh Niang, Lok or Lor Bah. In Singapore, this is called Ngoh Niang. But wait, did I say this is Fake Ngoh Niang? It's not really Ngoh Niang. I simply present this dish the Ngoh Niang way!
This time round, I add in chopped prawns too!
How to do it:
- Rinse the beancurd skin briefly and squeeze it dry. You can wipe will damp cloth but I still find that too salty.
- Cut beancurd skin to your desired size.
- Place some mixture and the edge of the skin.
- Fold in both sides of the skin.
- Roll it till the beancurd skin is used up.
- Dab some cornflour on the edge of the skin to seal.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Place the meat roll in a dish and steam it till it's cook.
- Remove and cut into pieces.
- Dust with cornflour and deep fried in hot oil briefly.
- Dish, drain and serve with chilli sauce!