Someone I gave this to thought it was an actually orange. It's looks and taste nice. My son loved it!
- 5 oranges
- 6 tablespoon sugar (depending on how sweet you want)
- Clear agar agar powder
How to do it:
- Wash the oranges and cut it into halves.
- Squeeze the juice out. Be careful not to damage the orange skins.
- Scoop out the remaining orange pulp.
- Measure the orange juice you have and set aside.
- To make the agar agar, boil water required as instructed on the pack MINUS the amount of orange juice you have.
- Stir in the sugar till dissolved. Add more sugar if your orange juice is sour.
- Turn of heat and add in the orange juice.
- Pour the orange juice agar agar to the orange cups.
- Before that, make sure you put the orange cups on your drinking cups so it doesn’t topple when you pour the juice in.
- Chill till it set.
- Cut the orange agar agar into 3 slices and serve.
- Do not cook the orange juice otherwise it will turn bitter.
- You use carton orange juice too.
- If you do not have a juicer, you can use a fork to poke in the orange and twist. Do it for a few times (not on the same spot lah). As you do that, squeeze the juice out at the same time. Works the same as a juicer.