AdSense

Sunday, July 9, 2006

Teriyaki Cod
日式照烧鳕鱼




My family has expensive taste buds. My son only likes to eat Cod. Now I realized, so does my daughter! 

I usually steam or pan fried Cod. Once a while, I will prepare Cod differently. My son is already so picky with food. I don’t want him to be also picky with how his food is prepared. 

This dish is really nice and tasty. For those who don’t like Cod because of the smell and taste will find that the marinade did a very good job covering it. This is one of my husband’s favourite too.


Ingredients:
  • Cod

Marinade:
  • 1 tablespoon Sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Mirin
  • 1 tablespoon Wine
  • 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce

How to do it:
  1. Mix the marinade.
  2. Pour the marinade over the Cod and marinate for at least ½ hour.
  3. Dust Cod with corn flour and sauté in pan till lightly burnt. Pour away excess oil.
  4. Pour the remaining marinade for the Cod in the pan.
  5. Cook till the sauce thickens. (about 6-7 mins).
  6. Remove and serve hot.

Note:
Don’t worry if you can’t get Mirin. It taste as good without it! Be careful not to burn it!

4 comments:

  1. steaming the cod for about 15 minutes and then pouring the teriyaki sauce over it after is a good alternative, especially if one is going for as little oil as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,
    Thanks for your suggest.
    If you want the cod to have the flavour, this might still be a better way plus it doesn't contain oil either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please can I ask what kind of wine you used? I presume not chinese cooking wine...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anon, It's Sake but no problems if you can use Chinese cooking wine, Sherry or any cooking wine. It used to bring out the flavours.

    ReplyDelete