I especially like this dish because it’s very pleasing to the eye. It’s really nice to serve when you have guests coming over for dinner. I bet they will like it too!
- 12 prawns, shelled and deveined
- 10 stalks asparagus, cut into sections4
- Baby corn, cut into sections
- 1/3 carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese wine
- Cornflour mixture (2 tablespoon each of cornflour & water)
How to do it:
- Wash the prawns and set aside.
- Boil a pot of water. In it, add 1 teaspoon of salt and oil.
- When it’s boiling, add in the asparagus, baby corn and carrot to blanch it for 5 mins.
- In a wok or fry pan, add in 1 teaspoon oil and stir-fry garlic, onion and ginger till fragrant.
- Add in the prawns.
- When the prawns are about 70% cooked, add in the vegetables and the seasoning, except the cornflour mixture.
- Stir-fry well.
- Slowly add in the cornflour mixture will stirring.
I have tried replacing prawns with scallops before, it nice too. But be careful not to over-cook the scallops if you are using them.I have also tried replacing asparagus with broccoli. Don’t add too much otherwise you will have to change the name of the dish to stir-fried broccoli with prawns instead.