I made this yesterday for dinner. This dish is simple to prepare and it’s quite healthy. As expected, my boy didn’t want the prawns even after I diced them. Never mind, I try again with something else next time but at least there is still tofu. It’s loaded with Protein!
- 8 small or medium prawns
- 1 pack of silken tofu
- 2 stalk spring onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- A pinch of salt and sugar
How it is done:
- Shell and devein the prawns. Keep the shells
- Marinate the prawns with a pinch of salt and sugar for 10 mins
- In a deep dish or bowl, put the prawns and the shells in it.
- Add the white part of the spring onion on the prawns to be steam together. This adds favour.
- Remove the prawns when they turn pink. Discard the shells.
- Remove the tofu from the pack and place it in a deep dish.
- Drain the sauce. Add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce & oyster sauce each and pour it over the tofu to be steamed together for about 5 minutes.
- Put the prawns on the tofu and drizzle the sesame seed oil on top & serve.
You can use whole prawns or diced them.