This is one of my son’s favourites and it's my daughter's all time favourite. My son can finish one bowl of the Custard with his rice without me nagging him to eat. It’s very simple and I’m sure many of you already know how to do it. This is my version.
- 2 eggs
- 2 crabsticks, sliced
- a bunch of Shimeiji Mushroom, ends removed
- a pinch of salt
- 160ml water
How to do it:
- Beat egg lightly in a bowl
- Add water and mix.
- Sieve the egg mixture if you want a smoother result.
- Add the crabsticks, mushroom, and salt into the egg mixture.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap or aluminum foil.
- Heat a pot of water for steaming
- When the water is boiling, put in the bowl of egg mixture.
- Remove when egg is set.
- Serve hot.
- You can add Japanese fish cakes, chicken, fish or any other ingredients you like. It’s just like Chawa Mushi without dashi.
- Using cling-wrap or aluminum foil will help have a smooth outcome. If you don’t mind having a lot of pockmarks on your custard, then you don’t have to use this.