This is the most adult dish that my son likes. However, he does not like the smell of the spices, so I don’t usually put it if he is eating.
- 30 chicken feet
- 20 pieces of mushroom (I’m using small ones)
- Hard-boiled eggs (Optional)
- Orange Peel
- Cinnamon Stick
- Anise Star
- 3 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
How to do it:
- Wash & cut away nails on the chicken feet.
- Marinade with 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce.
- Soak mushroom in water till soft, remove stalks.
- Drain chicken feet from soy sauce.
- Deep fry chicken feet till golden brown. Remove & drain.
- Add fried chicken feet, mushroom, spices & hard-boiled eggs (optional) into a pot of boiling water.
- Add in the seasonings and let in simmer for 4 hours so till the chicken feet & mushrooms are soft.
- You can add more seasonings if you find it too bland.
You can choose not to use spices and use quail eggs instead of regular chicken eggs.