I trying my hands on a beef dish for my son. He needs to put on more weight. I found this recipe that uses beef when I was sorting the recipes I tore from magazines. I have adjusted some of the ingredients with some of my son’s favourites. Hope it will catch his attention.
- 8 slices of thinly sliced beef
- 4 baby corn, cut into 4 ‘sticks’ each
- Carrot thinly sliced or shredded.
- 8 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon Tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon Soy sauce (1 each for marinating & sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 200ml Stock or water
- Cornflour mixture (mix 1 teaspoon cornflour with 1 tablespoon water)
How to do it:
- Marinate the beef with a teaspoon of soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- In a small pot of hot water, add 1 teaspoon of salt & oil.
- Blanch the baby corn. Remove & put it in a bowl of room temperature) water to stop it from further cooking.
- When this is done, roll the beef with a slice of carrot and 2 sticks of baby corn.
- Hold the beef with toothpick
- Dust the beef rolls with cornflour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil and pan-fry the beef roll till the beef roll is cook (about 8 mins)
- Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add in the diced cherry tomatoes and seasoning except the cornflour mixture.
- When the sauce starts to boils, add in the beef rolls to cook for a while to absorb the sauce.
- Remove & set aside.
- Now, add the cornflour mixture gradually to thicken the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the beef rolls and serve.
You can also use enokitake mushroom in it. Do adjust the amount of the seasoning if you prefer more sauce.