AdSense

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sambal Chilli
参巴辣椒酱



I'm not sure how many people out there are like me, who can't really take spicy but yet like it. The best solution is to make my own chilli sauce. I can adjust the level of spicyness my own by adjust the type chilli used.

I made this for my sister, which is similar to Sambal Chilli  except, this has calamasi in it and it's not cooked. It's used raw as a dipping sauce. However, you can using this replace Sambal Chilli for the Grilled Sambal Squid too.

I made to as close as what she described. Basically, she wants it spicy (from the Chilli), sour (from the Calamasi) and salty (from the toasted Balacan and salt). Apparently, she still find it not spicy enough for her. :P Like I said earlier, you can adjust the level of spicyness.

Ingredients:
  • 10 Fresh Chilli, de-seed
  • 10 Dried Chilli, soak to soften
  • 4 Chilli Padi, de-seed
  • Juice of 4 Calamasi
  • 5 Shallot
  • 4 clove Garlic
  • 1 tablespoon  Toasted Belacan
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to taste

How to do it:
  • Just simply pound or grind all the ingredients finely and you are done.



1 comment:

  1. The place that I will be going do not have fresh chili only frozen chili padi. Ha yes it's pathetic. Can I use dried chili to substitute instead?

    ReplyDelete