AdSense

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Orange Slices Agar Agar
柳丁菜燕


I first started making these Orange Agar Agar in 2006. It was about then when I started to pick up cooking. :P

Recently, I bought a carton of orange juice that noone wants to drink (cos I bought the wrong brand) :P. I decided to make this dessert to use it up. At least, my son like it. ;) As usual, my 'fruit hater' daughter, won't even want to touch it. :/ Waste my effort remaking them into these orange slices.

I re-posting the recipe here for convenience to those who are interested to make it too.


Ingredients:
  • 700ml Orange Juice (either freshly squeezed or store bought)
  • 300ml Water
  • 100g Sugar (depending on how sweet you want)
  • Clear Agar Agar Powder

How to do it:
  1. If you are using fresh orange juice, wash the oranges and cut it into halves.
  2. Squeeze the juice out. Be careful not to damage the orange skin.
  3. Scoop out the remaining orange pulp.
  4. To make the agar agar, boil water required as instructed on the pack. Mine requires 1 Liter of water but I'm using 300ml of water.
  5. Set aside 700ml of orange juice (un-chilled) to mix with the agar agar mixture.
  6. Stir in the sugar into the 300ml and agar agar powder in low heat till dissolved.
  7. Turn of heat and add in the orange juice.
  8. Pour the orange juice agar agar mixture to the orange cups or dessert cups.
  9. Sit the orange cups on cups or bowls so it doesn’t topple when you pour the juice in.
  10. Chill till the agar agar sets.
  11. Cut the orange agar agar into 3 slices if using orange cups and serve.

Note:
  • Do not cook the orange juice otherwise it will turn bitter.
  • Combine both both freshly squeezed orange juice and store bought orange juice.
  • If you are using store bought orange juice, remember to bring it out of the fridge first. If you add cold orange juice into the agar agar mixture, it will turn lumpy.



Agar Agar in served cup, with orange pulp and a teaspoon of freshly squeezed orange juice

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wokkingmum! I had tried this today. My daughter loves it very much and my mum keep saying that you are so creative! :)

    Here is my post.
    http://shmily1314apple.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-post_15.html

    Thanks for sharing once again :)

    ReplyDelete