I had to run some errands yesterday and didn't plan for dinner.
Before I headed home, I dropped by Cold Storage and bought a tray of (4pcs) boneless chicken thighs for under $10.
I went home and dug into my fridge for other ingredients and decided to make this for dinner. It was a rush job, all done under an hour for 4 servings. As I didn't have enough time to marinate the chicken well, I used honey baked ham and cheese to further enhance the taste.
I'm pleased that the rushed out dinner wasn't that bad. ;)
- 2 Chicken Drumstick or Breast, deboned
- 4 slices Ham Baked Ham, cut into strips
- 4 slices Cheese
- 10 - 15 New/Baby Potatoes or any potato of your choice, scrubbed and cleaned (skin if you prefer not to have the skin on)
- 2 Carrot, skinned and chop into smaller pieces.
- 3 medium Onion, cut into half (I'm using red onions here)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 2 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- Rind of 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Powder or Salt
- 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Sprinkle of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
How to do it:
- Clean and dab chicken meat dry.
- Add marinade to chicken meat and blend well with the meat..
- Set aside for 1/2 hour.
- Heat grill pan with a tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill chicken skin down first for about 2 mins, till brown.
- Turn over and continue to grill the other side of the chicken till it's completely cooked.
- Place ham on top of chicken chop; skin side up and top with cheese.
- Cover and continue grilling for a 10-15 seconds till the cheese starts to melt.
- While pan grilling the chicken meat, prepare the vegetables, if you are serving it with the chicken chop.
- Boil the vegetables in a pot of lightly salted water for 10-15 mins till they are tender. This is to cut down cooking time. I usually just let them roast in the oven.
- Drain and set aside.
- Pan fry 3 strips of diced streaky bacon till lightly brown.
- Pan grill the onion at the same time while pan frying the diced bacon.
- Add in the drained vegetables and toss well in the oil.
- Transfer the vegetables and roast at 240c for 15 mins.
- Sprinkle with some salt and set aside to be served.
- Serve chicken chop with roasted vegetables.
- Oil Splatter Alert! I'm using a HCP grill pan to cook it. If you do not have one, use a pan with a cover.
- If you do not have an oven to roast the vegetables, you can pan fry them lightly but it will take a longer time as you have to turn them one at a time to avoid burning them.