Deep Fried Pandan Chicken
Deep Fried Version Oven Baked Version
For this latest recipe, I'm still sharing the usual deep-frying method (refer to top photo of this post). In addition, there will be an alternative, oven baked method (refer to the photo below). Those who wants a healthier choice will welcome it.
I'll be sharing how to wrap the chicken meat using pandan leaf without using any toothpick at the end of this post.
Oven Baked Pandan Chicken
- 3 Chicken Drumstick, Deboned and cut into small pieces
- 1 stalk Pandan Leaves (about 12 - 14 leaves)
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Maltose
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
How to do it:
- Mix ingredients for marinade well
- Marinate chicken for at least an hour.
- Drain chicken but do not need to pat dry.
- Wrap chicken with pandan leaves. Refer to video below on the instructions.
- Set aside to deep fry or oven bake.
To Deep Fry:
- Fill a small pot of oil to cover at least half the wrapped chicken.
- When the oil is hot but not smoking, add in the wrapped chicken.
- Remember to turn it if the oil doesn't cover the chicken.
- Remove and drain on paper towel when it's cooked. Takes about 10 minutes.
To Oven Bake:
- Drizzle wrapped chicken with some oil and toss.
- Place on baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 200C for 15minutes, turn once in-between baking.
- Increase temperature to 250C and continue baking for another 6 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
All wrapped and ready to be deep fried or oven baked