Spiced Salt 椒盐 is yet another handy condiment to have in your kitchen. Sometime back I had a bamboo clams baked on a dish of spiced salt, which I will find time to experiment. It adds aroma to the dish that's baked with it.
I remembered when I was a kid, one dish that's often served during wedding dinner was fried spring chicken and it always came with spiced salt.
It's pretty easy to make it yourself. You can adjust the how spicy by adjusting the amount of pepper you add in. After making it, I like to store it in the salt shaker and use it with french fries. :)
- 2 teaspoon Sichuan Peppercorn
- 2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Salt
How to do it:
- Add Sichuan Peppercorn to a dry pan.
- Pan fry it over low fire for 5 minutes till fragrance.
- Add salt and continue to stir fry for a minute.
- Add both the ground black pepper and pepper.
- Stir-fry for another half a minute.
- Remove and it's ready to be used.
Using the Spiced Salt here with Prawns