I have been making this Fish Tofu for a few years. In the beginning, it was to incorporate vegetables to food that my veggie hater son likes to eat.
4 years passed and I'm still making this but it never fail to make my son to eat more even it's stuffed with chopped veggies. Yes, he still hates veggies. :/
- 150g Fish Paste
- 1 tube Egg Tofu
- 2 stalk Baby Bok Choy, chopped
- 2 Crabstick, chopped
- a dash of Pepper (optional)
How to do it:
- Cut the tip of egg tofu and squeeze tofu out to a bowl.
- Add in fish paste, chopped baby bok choy and crabstick.
- Add pepper and mix well.
- Take a deep dish, oil all sides well for easy removable.
- Spread fish tofu paste.
- Cover with foil.
- Steam for 15 minutes or till cooked.
- Removed and cut into pieces.
- Pan fried the steamed fish tofu with a little till slightly brown on all sides.
- You can use other type of vegetables if you like.
- If you want it with a crispy outer skin, dust it with corn flour before pan frying the fish tofu.
- I used the Happy Call Pan to pan fry the fish tofu.
- I placed the tofu cubes on the sides of the pan so I can pan fry 2 -3 sides at the same time.
- Cover the pan and pan fry for a minute each time over medium low heat.