This is a hit! The kids love it and so does my hubby. This is not a kueh but Tofu with Fish Paste. I made these before but they were without the colours. Since the kids dislike eating vegetables, I incorporated vegetables to it. My son kept asking me why is the tofu so colourful and how did I make it. I only tell him after he finish it. He never guess it was the vegetables that he dislike.
- 100g Fish Paste
- 1 tube Egg Tofu, smashed
- 1 tablespoon Finely Chopped Spinach
- 2 tablespoon Grated Carrot
How to do it:
- Mix fish paste and egg tofu well.
- Take 1/3 of the mixture.
- Add in the Spinach and mix well.
- Add carrot to the remaining 2/3 of the mixture and mix well.
- Take a deep dish, oil all sides well for easy removable.
- Spread the carrot mixture followed by the spinach.
- Cover with foil.
- Steam for 15 minutes or till cooked.
- Removed and cut into pieces.
- Pan fried the steamed tofu till slightly brown on all sides.
- No seasonings required as Fish Paste usually comes seasoned and vegetables add sweetness.
- If you prefer more green than orange, reverse the amount required for the vegetables.
- I pan fried the steamed tofu for my hubby as it was cold by the time he returned from work. It gives the tofu a slightly crunchy outer skin but it won't look as nice.
- Whether steam or pan fried, best served when it's hot!
* Dual Coloured Tofu - Steam and Pan Fried *