I'm back from my short trip and have not quite finished with the laundry from the trip and not to mentioned the daily chores I still have to deal with *faint*. I wasn't in the mood to think of new dishes but it's good too as I still have quite a number of dishes I have not write out and I think I might need to cook the same dishes again to remember how it was done.
This current dish was cooked quite some time ago. I had meant to use the prawns for a salad dish but decided that I wanted to have something hot instead. You may noticed that I had just did an asparagus dish recently. Well, asparagus is not always available in the wet market at my place and sometimes it's just too expensive to buy too. Since it was cheaper than usual, I bought a bunch ... again. How I wish it was so cheap, I could buy a big bunch back to make Cream of Asparagus. I just love it!
Anyway, here's another way to cook asparagus ...
- 12 medium Prawns, shelled retaining tail and deveined
- 6 stalk Asparagus, skinned and cut into 3
- 1 glove Garlic, minced
- 2 Shallot, sliced thinly
- Oil for Cooking
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in wok.
- Add in garlic and shallot.
- Stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in asparagus.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes of almost cooked.
- Dish and set aside.
- Heat another 1/2 tablespoon oil in the same wok.
- Add prawns and stir fry till they change colours but not cooked through.
- Return the asparagus in to wok.
- Add the seasonings.
- Stir fry till prawns are cooked thoroughly.
- Dish and serve.
- Click HERE for the printer friendly version of the original recipe.