This bag of french beans was the last of the vegetables after I cleared the asparagus. I had wanted to empty the fridge for easy cleaning.
I planned to cook this but realised I didn't have minced pork. So I used the ham and streaky bacon, meant for my son's breakfast, instead.
- 400g French Beans
- 2 slice Ham, chopped into bits
- 3 slice Streaky Bacon, chopped into bits
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Fermented Soybean Paste (try the spicy one if you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
How to do it:
- Snap of the ends of the french beans.
- Deep fry french beans for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up the wok and add in the bacon.
- Stir fry the slightly brown. Do not drain the oil.
- Add in the garlic and ham.
- Stir fry till garlic is fragrant and the bacon and ham are brown.
- Add in the French beans, fermented soybean paste and sugar.
- Stir fry for another 30 seconds to a minute till french beans are thoroughly cooked and season.
- Dish and serve.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe