AdSense

Monday, April 30, 2007

White Fungus with Lotus Seeds and Gingko Nuts Dessert


This dessert I made is very similar to 'Cheng Teng'. At least it taste very much like it. My original idea was to make it with sea-coconut but I couldn't get any in the market. I'm referring to the fresh one not those canned sea-coconut. If you could get fresh sea-coconut, add it. It's nice!

Oh, there isn't actually measurements to the required ingredients. Since all are edible, you add according to your preference. If you like certain ingredients, just add more.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Palm size, White fungus (雪儿), soaked overnight
  • 2 handful, Nelumbo nucifera aka Lotus Seeds (莲子), soaked overnight
  • 2 handful, Ginkgo Nuts (白果), 'heart' removed
  • 10-15 pieces Dried Longans (龙眼干)
  • 10 Red Dates (红枣), pitted
  • Rock Sugar, to taste
  • 2 litre Water

How to do it:
  1. Tear white fungus into smaller pieces before adding all other ingredients except rock sugar in a pot of water.
  2. Bring to boil.
  3. Reduce hear and simmer for about 2 hours or till all ingredients are soft.
  4. Add rock sugar to taste.
  5. Serve.

Note:
  • If you are using fresh Ginkgo Nuts, soaked it over night too.
  • You can have it hot or chilled but we like it really cold. Especially cooling in this hot weather!

7 comments:

  1. I am sure your kids like this because it's sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simcooks,
    Only my daughter likes it. My son doesn't :( He's one fuzzy eater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dessert looks lovely. I am a desserts lover btw :D.

    And you have been tagged at http://justmytots.com/2007/04/30/tag-food-around-the-world/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want I want! can wokkingmum reserve a bowl for me please?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shooi,
    Thanks!
    Ok, will do the tag soon. ;)

    Min,
    ok, ok! I send you a bowl via hotmail to you! :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...you finally cook the dessert! Your hubby must be one happy and contented man now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mdm 2359,
    Haha ... yes, he was happy.

    ReplyDelete