I made Samosa on Thursday with the leftover curry we had from Japanese Curry we had that day. I added some peas to the leftover curry because my son doesn't like them, I don't want to spoil his dinner by adding them first.
- Curry, leftovers worked fine
- Spring roll skin, I'm using Spring Home （第一家） brand, cut into 6 cm by 21 cm strips
- 1 egg, to seal the samosa
- Oil for frying
How to do it:
- Mash the ingredients in your curry to very small bits if yours are in chunk.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of curry and place it on the end of the spring roll, leaving some space for folding.
- Fold the end over the curry like a triangle. (see instructions below)
- Continue folding over. Stop at the last fold.
- Spread some egg mixture on the remaining spring roll.
- Fold over to seal the samosa.
- Deep fry the samosa.
- Remove, drain and serve.
- It works better if your curry is paste-like. So drain away excess sauce before you start.
- Alternatively, you can remove the ingredients from your curry to mash them then add curry sauce gradually to get the right texture.
- Trim away the last part of the spring roll skin to make the samosa look nice. I didn't do it - too lazy. LOL