For this dish, you can serve it 2 ways, either with or without the Vegetarian Abalone.
- 1/2 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 5 pieces Baby corn, sliced
- 8 pieces dried Chinese mushrooms, soak to soften and stalks removed
- 1/2 can button mushrooms, washed
- Vegetarian Abalone, sliced
- 2 teaspoon Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
How to do it:
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cornstarch mixture
- Blanch all the vegetables with stock or water for 5 mins.
- Remove and set aside.
- In a wok or pan, add 1 teaspoon oil and stir fry all the vegetables.
- Add 2 teaspoon of vegetarian oyster sauce and a pinch of sugar.
- Remove and place in a plate.
- *To prepare the vegetarian abalone, boil 1/2 cup of water with the abalone for about 2 minutes.
- *Remove and set together with the vegetables cooked earlier.
- To prepare the sauce, add all the ingredients for the sauce, except cornstarch mixture into the water used to boil the abalone.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture when it starts to boil.
- Pour over the vegetables and serve.
- If you do not wish to add the vegetarian abalone, skip steps with * indicated.
- You can also add or replace other vegetables like cauliflower, straw mushrooms.