Ah! Another vegetarian dish! Eat healthily mah! Haha! Steam tofu dish is easy to make. Remember some time back I had a dish, Steam Prawns & Tofu? This is a variation of that dish.
- 1 pack of silken tofu
- Shitake Mushroom, sliced
- Enokitake Mushroom, ends removed
- Kinoko Mushroom, ends removed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 100 ml water
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
How to do it:
- Remove tofu, drain the water away and steam for 7 minutes or heat thru.
- In a wok, add 1 teaspoon of oil and sauté garlic till fragrant.
- Add in the mushrooms and stir well.
- Add in the water and seasoning and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu and serve.
- If you choose to eat the tofu cold, you don’t have to steam it. Just remove & drain.
- You can change the mushroom used to other mushroom like button mushroom, dry Chinese mushroom, etc.