This is a very rich in taste soup that I like. But it’s tedious work to clean the pig stomach. Nowadays, I try to get those cleaned one to lessen the work. Lazy bum, me!
- 1/2 pig’s stomach, cleaned and sliced
- 4 pieces of fish maw
- 1 small can button mushroom
- 10 black Chinese mushroom, soaked to soften and stalk removed
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blanch the cleaned and sliced stomach and set aside.
- Cut the soften mushrooms into half if you are using big mushrooms. Set aside.
- Soften the fish maw by putting it in hot water. After that, cut into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Add the pig stomach and mushroom in a pot of stock and bring to boil.
- Turn to small fire and let it simmer for 4 hours till the ingredient soften.
- Now add in the fish maw and button mushroom and let it simmer for another hour.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- You can add ginkgo nuts, peppercorn, etc if you like. Be careful with the peppercorn. Too much of it will make your soup too spicy. I would say about not more than 10, depending on the quantity you are cooking.
- If you are using ‘fresh’ pig’s stomach, you have to rub the whole thing with salt. Scrub like you are scrubbing your clothes. You can use limejuice too. Don’t be surprise I used COKE to wash it before too! Yeah, the one we drink. Hey! It worked, you know!
- To shorten the time required to soften the mushrooms add sugar to water to soak mushroom.