This is another simple vegetable dish. It is similar to the Xiao Bai Cai dish that I have posted some time back. Try it!
- Chinese broccoli commonly know as Kai Lan
- 4 pieces dried scallops, soaked in hot water and tear into strips
- Cornstarch mixture
- 1/2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoon water used to soak the dried scallops
How to do it:
- Cut the ends and skin the stem of Kai Lan.
- Blanch Kai Lan in a pot of boiling water with the stems first for 2 minutes then whole for another 1 minute.
- Remove and set aside.
- In a fry pan, add in the dried scallop strips and the seasonings.
- Bring to boil.
- Add in the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the Kai Lan.
If you like your Kai Lan softer or more cooked, blanch longer.