This is a simple and nice soup, which kids will like. But not for my boy. Sigh! He is one picky eater! He eats the corn-on-cob but not the corn removed from the cob. What logic does this make?
- 1 cup of corn (either fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of silken tofu, cut into small cubes
- 3 pieces dried scallop (optional)
- Stock or water
- 1 egg white
- Corn starch mixture
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Add corn, tofu and dried scallops in a pot of stock.
- Bring to boil.
- Add salt according to your taste.
- Thicken the soup with cornstarch mixture.
- Slowly add in one beaten egg white while stirring.
- You can add in the egg yolk if you do not want to waste it. I would recommend you use stock instead of water. It taste better. If you are not so health conscious, you can use stock cube too.
- Find those that do not contain MSG. For the stock, you can use 3 ears of corn to make the soup base or you can use chicken soup base.